What is a steward?
"Environmental stewardship is the responsibility for environmental quality shared by all those whose actions affect the environment." -EPA
Each one of our Beach Cleanup Stations has a committed steward who cares for it. By caring for a Beach Cleanup Station, you are actively helping clean our Oceans.
perks of being a steward
- You'll be featured on our Ocean Heroes photo gallery (with permission) each month.
- If you're a student, you'll receive community service hours for fulfilling steward responsibilities.
- Most importantly, you'll play a huge role in protecting our Ocean and keeping our beaches healthy and clean!
Every other week:
- Visit your BCUS station.
- Email us with the number of bags that were in the BCUS.
- Restock the BCUS with bags.
- Send us a selfie with the BCUS! (optional)
It's as simple as that!
6 month commitment required.
want to become a steward?
Sounds awesome, right? Tell us you want to become a steward by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.